CHRONIC INFECTIVE DERMATITIS:
- History: 13-year old, history of eczema for 7 years, first lesion appeared like an insect bite on his leg but healed after antibacterial cream. A year similar lesion recurred and diagnosed as allergic eczema/dermatitis by several doctors including derm docs. Treated with local steroid creams including the strong ones, and antibacterial ointment. Despite treatment the skin eruption worsened within few months and spread to other body parts.1014998.
- Progress with allopathic/other treatments: For the next 5 years all skin eruptions persisted with only partial and temporary improvement from steroid cream and moisturizing lotions but never healed. Also tried some nutritional treatment, infrequent bath avoiding eggplants he was allergic to but nothing helped.
- Examination: Prior to seeking homeopathic treatment, despite 5 years of allopathic treatment, his skin findings included: Severe, chronic skin condition with dark, black, and thick skin. Redness at the edges of eruption, rawness, extreme itching, and bleeding when scratching affecting shoulder, upper arms, back, buttocks, thighs and legs.
- Homeopathic assessment: Chronic infective dermatitis with eczematous changes in the skin.
- Homeopathic treatment: Within 5 weeks of remedies given only once a day his skin condition improved nearly 90% as per mom’s assessment; photo comparison was consistent with clinical improvement.
- Progress with homeopathic treatment: Mom stopped all allopathic treatment (not felt necessary) after 5 years of using it continuously. Within 10 weeks of homeopathic treatment he was nearly 95% better with previous improvement sustained. Treatment continues. With this degree of improvement, it is expected that he will be cured within next few months of homeopathic treatment.
ORAL LICHEN PLANUS:
- History: 54-year old, female, having burning inside mouth after spicy food for nearly 4 years. Avoided spicy and warm/hot food which helped only little. Symptoms progressed to become everyday issues.
– Dental check revealed white ulcers on gums.
– Oral surgeon diagnosed Oral Lichen Planus confirmed with biopsy. Ten day treatment with oral Prednisone provided only slight and temporary relief.
– White ulcers on gums gradually became red, gums became spongy, bleeding when brushing and eating, tongue started to tingle, oral mucosa also started burning – sometimes like fire.
– Despite avoiding all spicy, sour and warm foods, she continued to have every day symptoms with periodic worsening with or without exposure to spicy foods.
– Lichen started soon after menopause; also developed hypothyroidism at about the same time. PMD diagnosed both issues as “Auto-immune” diseases.
- Homeopathic treatment: Few remedies chosen based upon case analysis included: Arsenicum album, Antimonium crudum, Lachesis, Muriaticum acidum, Natrum muriaticum, Nitricum acidum.
- Progress/Follow up notes:
– Within 3 weeks of treatment, patient reported good improvement, mouth burning was all gone, gum swelling/bleeding/soreness were much less, she “felt good”.
– At 3 month follow up: Patient felt overall there was moderate improvement in her symptoms and mouth lesions.
– At 6 months follow up: Patient said she was nearly 100% better, periodic flare ups were nearly gone, all everyday symptoms were also gone, and she was able to tolerate spicy and warm foods.
Except for few white posts on few gums, all previous lesions on the inside of cheeks, tongue, and gums were well healed and they appeared normal and healthy.
Oral surgeon told her that it was “an expected spontaneous improvement (but the expected did not happen in 4 years before homeopathic treatment!), and that it is expected to come back and get worse again as it never goes away”.
- At 12 month follow up:
– Recent visit to oral surgeon revealed nearly complete healing of all lichen lesions except VERY slight issue at the margin of some area of gums. This gives her objective proof of improvement from homeopathic treatment by an allopathic expert.
– Patient has had no symptoms at all in many months all symptoms 100% control for the past 4-5 months.
– She is able to eat and tolerate all normal food and spicy foods including crushed pepper, green chili, spicy snacks, etc. without any symptom/s. She was not able to eat anything other than bland food for nearly 3 years before homeopathic treatment.